The Kootenai Cabin
PROPERTY'S OFFICIAL WEBSITE
TELL A FRIEND
Are you looking for that "special" place where you can really get away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life? The Kootenai Cabin offers the perfect location for rest, relaxation, or a wonderful family vacation. Don't forget to bring your mountain bike or horse, as this cabin backs right up to National Forest!...And, it's only 35 minutes outside of Eureka, Montana.
The Kootenai Cabin is a Montana Amish log cabin home which will comfortably accommodate up to six guests and backs up to thousands of acres of National Forest just waiting to be explored! This cabin has two private bedrooms (with wonderful views of the mountains) and one bathroom. There's also a luxury coil spring futon in the living room. This cabin has a kitchen and dining area, full size bathroom (with shower), living room with thermostatically controlled stove, and a washer and dryer.
NOTE FOR THOSE WHO LOVE CONSERVATION: This cabin will have electric utilities provided by wind generator and solar panels. In addition there will be propane for refrigeration, kitchen and heating stoves, hot water heater, and for the dryer. A wonderful off-the-grid experience!
With off-the-grid electric you'll need to be ready to conserve energy whenever possible...Remember to keep light use minimized (i.e. don't forget and leave those deck lights on all night - and remember to keep your shower time short.) For a new experience there is an oil lamp available for use in the living area.
This cabin has a large oversized deck area with gas BBQ overlooking the beautiful Canadian Rockies. Note - The field in the above picture is in Canada!
The views from this cabin and large deck are breathtaking!
- Approximately 800 square feet of living area
- A thermostatically controlled gas soapstone stove for heating the cabin
- A "Made-In-Montana" Amish log cabin vacation home backing up to thousands of acres of National Forest...Ready for exploring on foot or horseback
- Located only 500 feet from the Canadian border
- Backcountry Horsemen - Corral available for your use while renting. With a gate that opens directly into the National Forest.
- Abundant wildlife
- Non-smoking cabin
- No pets allowed in the cabin - a 10 x 10 dog kennel (with a view) is provided when you're not out with your dog exploring the National Forest area right in your own backyard. Please notify us in advance if you're bringing your dog with you.
- Extra large deck with majestic mountain, and valley views - your deck overlooks a beautiful Canadian pasture below.
- Kitchen including propane stove and refrigerator, basic cookware, dinnerware and utensils
- Two Private bedrooms and one full size bathroom with shower
- CD player and Phone (with voice-mail)
- Convenient large BBQ grill
- Towels and Bed Linens provided
- For your convenience this log cabin has a washer/dryer. The washer will use a lot of energy - so please use during sunny days and maximize loads whenever possible.
Peace, Serenity, and Solitude....Your choice of five prime Montana cabin locations to choose from: Two Montana log cabin vacation homes (The Eagle's Nest and The Montana Cabin) located on 20 wooded acres overlooking Lake Koocanusa and the Canadian Rockies. Your own log cabin (The Kootenai Cabin) with end-of-the-road privacy in the heart of Montana Amish country! We've also added two wonderful lakeside cabin selections (The Trout Haven and The Loon's Nest) right on Carpenter Lake!
The Kootenai Cabin Things To Do:
Your vacation experience is entirely up to you and, as such, we leave the planning up to your individual tastes and needs. You can relax and enjoy the peace and serenity from your cabin/deck or plan as many activities as you wish.
- Hiking - Glacier Park, Canada, Big Mountain (Danny On Trail), Ten Lakes Scenic Area and numerous trails throughout the Tobacco Valley
- Lake Fishing* - Lake Koocanusa, Flathead Lake and numerous alpine lakes
- Fly Fishing* - Kootenai River, local lakes and streams, Canadian lakes & rivers
- Mountain Biking - Mountain bikes can be rented locally from Progressive Cyclery; please call them at 406-889-5013 to have your mountain bike waiting to be fitted to you.
- Breathtaking photographic opportunities
- White Water Rafting* - Glacier Park & Canadian rivers - We recommend Glacier Raft Company. Please contact them at 1-800-235-6781 for a great whitewater adventure.
- Kayaking* - Glacier Park, Canada, and local rivers
- Horseback Riding
- Bring your own horse - Plenty of backcountry trail riding is available (85% of the local Tobacco Valley/Lincoln County land is State and National forest).
- Sightseeing - Majestic landscapes, geological formations, many local artists and galleries, local Amish community, historical museum
- Annual Amish auction in June
- Boat Rentals available close by (or boat launch - 4 minutes away - if you bring your own)
- Excellent local dining
- Numerous local events (rodeos, The Bull Thing, circus, auctions, fairs, arts-in-the-park, horse-shows, mountain man rendezvous, blackpowder shooting, archery events, motorcycle racing, 4x4 off-road racing, boat racing, sailboat races, State fairs)
- Local Amish Dinner available by reservation; please call 406-889-3588
- Local Wagon rides available by reservation
- Downhill and cross-country skiing - There are two major ski areas close by (Fernie Snow Valley and The Big Mountain). In addition to downhill skiing they also provide numerous groomed trails for cross-country skiing. There are also numerous local trails available for cross-country skiing.
- Quilting - The local area is full of quilters ready to lend a hand and better yet, you can locate all of your supplies and crafts at Bobbins, Buttons, & Bears at the north end of Eureka. They can also be contacted by phone at 1-406-297-3233.
- Jet Ski Rental - With plenty of local lakes opportunities for Jet Ski fun are endless. We now have limited Jet Ski rentals available in Eureka. For rentals, reservations are recommended and age limitations do apply- Contact Damian at 406-889-5188.
- NEW - Lake Koocanusa Arena - Experience Eureka's new indoor riding arena and full boarding facility...Weekly events include team penning, ranch sorting, barrel racing, and roping! Be sure and check out The Arena Grill and The Watering Hole - Great mouthwatering steaks and hickory smoked BBQ, not to mention the home of "ice" cold beer!
- *Local guides are available for hire or bring your own boat.
2005 RATES FOR THE KOOTENAI CABIN
Rentals Available Weekly Only - Saturday to Saturday
$99 - $139 per night depending on Holiday/Non-holiday stay
$693 - $973 per week depending on Holiday/Non-holiday stay
Owners Rate Table
- Security/Damage Deposit is $300
- The above rates DO NOT include a 7% Montana Occupancy Tax or a one-time cleaning fee of $50 per rental period. (All rates are in U.S. Dollars.)
- The rates listed above are in addition to your initial security/damage deposit which will be refunded after check-out.
- Check-In Time: anytime after 2:00 p.m. for all cabins
- Check-Out Time: anytime before 11:00 a.m.
- Holiday Rental dates are shown as "Holiday" on the "Available Dates" page on owner's web site.
- Additional guest charge applies to each additional guest, including children. For infants under the age of TWO this additional charge does not apply.
- In the event your requested rental date has been "rented" prior to receipt of your deposit, we will contact you immediately for alternative rental dates. If the available rental dates are unacceptable, your deposit will be promptly returned.
- Final Payments are required 45 days prior to your check-in date for a normal rental and 60 days prior to your check-in date for holiday rentals. Please see our Q & A page for information on our "refund" policies. Final payments are refundable, ONLY in the event that we're able to re-rent your reserved week, or weeks. By submitting your deposit, or final payment, you're indicating that you're fully aware of our refund policies as listed on the Q & A page of this website and that you agree to "payment in full" in the event we're unable to re-rent your previously reserved week or weeks. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask "prior" to placing your deposit or final payment.
- If paying within the above final payment schedule, your full payment for rental (cabin and pasture), 7% tax, cleaning fee, and security/damage deposit is required to lock in rental dates.
- NOTE: When making a reservation, you will only be able to place a deposit on a date that is currently showing available in the "Reservations" area - Please DO NOT make any plans (airplane tickets, rental cars, etc) until you have received a "transaction receipt" confirming your payment for rental.
VISA ,MASTERCARD ,DISCOVER ,CHECKS ,AMERICAN EXPRESS
CD PLAYER, PHONE, HEAT, REFRIGERATOR, UTENCILS, POTS AND PANS, WASHER AND DRYER, GAS GRILL,
HIKING, FITNESS CENTER, FISHING, MUSEUMS, SWIMMING, SAILING, JET SKIING, DOWN HILL SKIING, ROCK CLIMBING, GYM, HUNTING, RESTAURANTS, SIGHTSEEING, CROSS COUNTRY SKIING, BOATING, RAFTING, SHOPPING,
This Page Has Been Viewed 2404 Times