VACATION HOME ID: 88
RENTAL TYPE: house
Welcom to Water Rock Garden Retreat in Cherokee, NC.
TELL A FRIEND
Water Rock Garden Retreat was designed specifically to showcase the incredible natural beauty of the Great Smoky Mountains and to provide an example of mountain area permaculture. The retreat also showcases an ever expanding garden which provides both beauty and organic fruits, vegetables and herbs, seasonally, for the enjoyment of our guests.
Water Rock Garden Retreat is ideal for people who love solitude, unspoiled views, spectacular gardens, wildlife, starry nights and full moons, and the sound of rushing mountain streams in the distance. It is beautiful any time of year! Water Rock Garden Retreat is located on a 15 acre knoll just outside of Cherokee, North Carolina. At an elevation of 4500 feet, there are breathtaking 360 degree views with a 30-mile view of Tennessee and the great Smoky Mountains National Park.
Activities onsite or nearby:
Useful Items To Bring:
Top Ten Reasons to Stay at Water Rock:
1. It's the most beautiful panoramic site on the North Carolina side of the Smokies.
2. You love nature- gardens, trees, wildlife, sun, stars, wind, water, moon.
3. You love to hike- Extensive trails up to 5800 feet in elevation.
4. You don't like to hike- You want to drive right up to the type of view that most people walk miles for and enjoy it from a lawn chair.
5. You want to easily reach a magnificent waterfall.
6. You are ready to get away from television, the news, crowds, noise, and all other intrusions of modern life for a while.
7. You would like to be totally secluded, away from everyone else, on your own private knoll (get naked if you want to!)
8. You would like to soak in a wood fired hot tub for hours, gazing at the mountains by day, and the Milky Way by night.
9. You want to stay in the middle of the Smokies where adventures surround you- fishing, hiking, rafting, etc, etc.
10. You want to enjoy this all while staying in a uniquely designed comfortable home with view from any window.
Top Eight Reasons Not to Stay at Water Rock
(We couldn'd come up with ten)
1. You are not easily impressed by spectacular views.
2. Nature really bothers you.
3. You enjoy the comforting background noise of the television, telephone, and Nintendo.
4. You find long walks in the woods to be extremely boring.
5. You don't want to take your time driving up 4 miles of scenic mountain roads.
6. The thought of not being near a 24 hour Mega-Mart sends chills up and down your spine.
7. You enjoy the challenge of hiking 12 miles to get to be able to enjoy a view like this, you find driving right up too easy.
8. You want to spend your days shopping and eat every meal at a restaurant.
The Water Rock House is available for nightly and weekly rental year round. The nightly rate is $225 for parties of up to 6 with a 3 night minimum. Each additional guest is $10 per night, up to a maximum of 12 guests. Stay six nights, and get the seventh night free! Weekly rates start at $1350. Inquire about rates for extended stays at Water Rock.
HOTTUB, FIREPLACE, PHONE, REFRIGERATOR, UTENCILS, POTS AND PANS,
HIKING, GOLF, MUSEUMS, AMUSEMENT PARK, RESTAURANTS, SIGHTSEEING, SHOPPING, Horseback Riding, Casino, Trains,
This Page Has Been Viewed 3996 Times